Spring foundation pick | Diorskin Nude Skin Glowing Makeup...

Diorskin Nude Skin Glowing Makeup

As an oily girl I'm not overly experimental with my foundations. Since I found the Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation I've stayed put. I'm happy with the coverage and the lasting power is fantastic. If I forget to powder throughout the day, it's not the end of the world as it doesn't tend to separate on my skin; I still look pretty fresh even after a full on day at work.



At the beginning of the year I got the most horrendous lung infection which lasted for two months, seriously the worst start to what was supposed to be a more positive year. When I eventually recovered and could put makeup on again, I felt like my beloved Laura Mercier was way too heavy and seemed quite cakey. Now, my skin is particularly dry at the moment, or perhaps I'd lost all ability to apply makeup, but something wasn't working. So I decided to root through my stash and try something lighter, as despite being oily, since I've discovered the wonder that is the Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder, I've found I can be a bit more daring with my bases.

Step up the Diorskin Nude foundation. This has been in my collection for a while and I never really took much notice. I tried it once and just wasn't too fussed. But on my mission to find a post lung infection, lighter coverage base, I pulled this out and thought why not?
What I love about this foundation is how buildable it is. You could layer this all day and it still wouldn't cake. The consistency is super light and so perfectly hydrating for my pesky dryer patches (I may be oily but my skin needs a big'ole drink!) And don't be fooled, despite being described as 'Skin Glowing Makeup' there is no shimmer in it, it merely creates an almost soft focus, satin finish I suppose, perfect for spring! I do definitely have to powder with this throughout the day, but that's fine as it's such a comfortable base to wear, what's a dab of powder between friends?

Any lighter bases you love?


Labels: