Skincare staples...

Boots Botanics Eye Makeup Remover | Clarins Toning Lotion with Iris | Clinique All About Eyes Serum | Ole Henriksen Total Truth Eye Cream | Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Mist | Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair

One of the biggest compliments I get, is how young I look, and second to that, how good my skin looks. I'll admit working at a hairdressers it's usually the young assistants that say it, and what I think they want to say is, 'you're 30, where's the wrinkles?!'

But to be honest I can't believe my age either, not so much down to how I look, but because I really feel I haven't changed since I was about 24, and admitting I'm no longer in my twenties is still quite the struggle. But age in general to me is weird, I can never tell how old anyone is anymore and generally, I think people are looking a lot younger for longer, I mean look at Dionne off Clueless?!

So I thought I'd share a few things with you that, aren't so much secrets, as staples in my skincare routine, things I've pretty much always done, or have done for a substantial amount of time.

Eyes: I am ALL about the eyes. For as long as I can remember I have taken my eye makeup off separately to the rest of my makeup. I don't know why, it's just always happened. My favs are oil based, bi-phase cleansers. I find them really gentle on the eyes, unlike water based ones or wipes which I think can really snag on the skin and probs add to the inevitable bagginess I'm trying so desperately to prevent! Notable mentions also go to The Clarins Eye Makeup Remover as well as Chanel but for the price, this Boots one is faaboush! I also looooove eye cream. The first I ever used, and carried on with for years, was The Body Shop Elderflower Eye Gel. It pretty much has nothing in it except moisture but I really loved how cooling it was and it just became a staple in my routine. A few years ago I then traded this in for a more nourishing, 'grown up' one in the form of the Clinique All About Eyes eye cream and I've never looked back. I've not always got on with eye creams which is why I stayed so faithful to The Body Shop for so long, I tried one from Estee Lauder and one from Khiels and both severely irritated my eyes so when I found Clinique, all my eye cream prayers were answered. To apply I tap a rather generous amount all around my orbital bone and sleep!

Toning: For some reason I gravitated towards toning from quite a young age. I suppose 14 was the age I started putting together something that resembled a skincare routine and toning was a step I never missed. Not the traditional, alcoholic, skin stripping kind, the remove the last traces of cleanser kind and my toner of choice? Well it had to be the Simple Kind to Skin toning lotion. Something about going from cleansing straight to moisturiser didn't feel right to me, I felt I needed to wipe the slate clean before saturating my skin with cream. Getting older I now love the Clarins Toning Lotion with Iris although I have been trying to use up the Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Mist purely because it was a gift I've had for ages, infact it's probably gone off! But being quite pricey I thought I needed to give it a good go and truthfully, it int worth the money...it's bascially over priced Evian let's be honest.

Serum: This was a step that came in my late twenties (geez how old does that make me sound!) The Serum. That was also the time I started getting more into skincare thanks to Anna and Kate. One thing they always harped on about was the Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair serum and after sampling, I just had to have it. Now it is expensive, but I really do stand by good skincare and you'll likely only need two a year. It just does everything, hydrates, evens, resurfaces, calms, refines, you name it. I just love how it feels and I instantly saw a difference when I first started using it and it's something I always go back to, a fail safe and something I'll no doubt use forever.

Now I can't say whether my skin condition is down to luck, good genes or these skincare staples, but I thought why not share and give all you fellow hoarders another excuse to visit your nearest beauty hall!






Labels: