Can't live without | Haircare...

Label.m Texturising Volume Spray | Bumble & bumble Pret a Powder | Redken Blonde Glam Colour Enhancer Conditioner (newer version) | Bumble & bumble Surf Foam Wash Shampoo



I was thinking about what post to do today and I realised, I'd been hopelessly devoted to these four products in my haircare routine for the best part of the year, and not really given them any air time. Hair is such a big thing these days and being a hair stylist, I use A LOT of products, so if something makes the cut for more than a couple of weeks, let a lone can't live without status, I gotsta tell you guys about it.

I of course, have so many other hair stuffs I can't live without, but these are the most recent additions.

Bumble & bumble Surf Foam Wash Shampoo - I was never really into this shampoo when it launched, I had no desire to try it as I thought it would be quite stripping on my parched hair and make it feel dry and tacky. How wrong I was, this shampoo smells really fresh and I don't feel any dry, tackiness on my hair, quite the opposite in fact. My hair feels really soft and hydrated without being weighed down, it works perfect with my other texture giving products like mousse, surf spray or root spray, and I even think it stops my hair from feeling as dry with those products as it used to. Is it a must have? At £18.50 I wouldn't say hell yes as I think expensive hair care is even more of a personal preference than skincare or makeup, but as a hair stylist, I will always be an advocate that you really should invest in your shampoo and conditioner, especially if you do spend a lot of money getting your hair cut and coloured, so from that perspective, it really is worth the money, and I must mention it lasts for ages. I must have been using it a good 3 months and I'm only half way through the bottle, I also do two shampoos whenever I wash my hair so when you look at it that way, you wouldn't be pouring money down the drain with this one...

Redken Blonde Glam Colour Enhancer Conditioner - I'm pretty sure this has been rebranded with two offerings now and I've yet to try them but I really love this stuff. This has a very faint purple tinge to it so it's great for keeping ash blondes as fresh as possible and not going too brassy. The reason I prefer this to a purple shampoo is, I usually find purple shampoos can be quite drying, they can also interfere with any toning product which has already been used on your hair and in my opinion, can sometimes flatten the colour rather than freshen it up. I really like the conditioner version as I think it really helps maintain your salon fresh blonde tones if you start using it as soon as you get your colour done. I can use this everytime I wash my hair and it's really nourishing without feeling too heavy, all in all a big thumbs up. I think the newer version comes in two phases and you can intensify the violet depending on how long ago your colour was done which I think sounds fab! There's also a gold one for warmer, more honey blondes, well worth checking out if you feel your colour loses it's 'freshness' easily.

Bumble & bumble Pret a Powder - I was sooo skeptical about this stuff, £21.50 for a hair powder? But having used my fair share of competitor offerings from Redken, VO5 and Batistse, this came out heads and tails above, incredible stuff. For those of you who are unfamiliar with hair powders they primarily give volume, but with that usually comes a quite unpleasant, almost wet, tacky sensation until it dissolves into your hair, it also builds up really quickly and isn't always that malleable. This stuff however; feels a lot talcum powder and dissolves instantly into the hair, no tackiness, no stickiness, just instantly disappears, the white cast does too and you're left with instant volume to those lack lustre locks. It also works as a dry shampoo so no more greasy roots as well as an over all style refresher, you can shake this through longer styles to perk them up a bit and believe me when I tell you, it really works! Yes £21.50 is a lot but I'm telling you this stuff will last you the best part of year and once you have it, you'll wonder how you ever lived without it.

label.m Texturising Volume Spray - If you couldn't tell already, I luuuuurve me some volume. This really smells like Lynx/pre pubescent boy smell but I really like it (cougar) Again it doesn't bulid up, you could add this day after day and still get a fresh effect and it's just an easy option to take that just washed softness out as well as grunging up your natural texture or GHD waves. I have reached for this pretty much everyday since I got it, really, really impressed and I don't see a replacement anytime soon. And yes I have a lot of texture sprays, so that's a pretty big claim.

Any go to hair products you can't live without?


Labels: ,