Surprise Obsession | Ole Henriksen

 Ole Henriksen The Works Kit*

Of course I'd heard or Ole Henriksen, was I that bothered to try it out...it wasn't top of my list let's put it that way. It's quite an expensive brand and despite having heard so many rave reviews about it, when it comes to skincare I kind of stick to what I know unless I can get samples before purchasing.

So when Look Fantastic reached out to me and offered the chance to trial their exclusive 'The Works' kit, I jumped at the chance. With big guns like Essiebutton and Fleur de Force singing the brands praises, this was not an opportunity to pass up! I have tried everything in the kit, and as far as I can say, I am really loving Ole Henriksen, there's definitely a couple of stand out products but overall, this is an incredible kit to dip your toe into the Ole Henriksen pool.

Ole Henriksen African Red Tea Foaming Cleanser - The jury isn't completely out on this one, purely because it doesn't feel like a 'substantial' cleanser. What I mean is, it squirts out as a foam, almost like mousse and is incredibly light on the skin, so I don't feel like I'm getting as good a scrub as from my heavier, more creamy cleansers. Saying that, it doesn't irritate my skin or overload it and I do feel really fresh after cleansing. A good option for the morning when you just need a quick splash and you're out the door.

Ole Henriksen Truth Serum Collagen Booster - One of my stand out products, this has been a fab day serum for me. As I have oily skin I generally don't overload on the skincare of a morning if I need to be out the house with makeup on in about 20 mins, say for work or something. Selling itself as a 'daily vitamin for your face' this vitamin C enriched serum is so light on the skin and one pump generally covers my whole face and neck. It's oil free and sinks in super quick. It leaves my skin feeling nourished as well as evening the texture and adding brightness without any residue, massive thumbs up.

Ole Henriksen Pure Truth Youth Activating Oil - Anyone heard of Miranda Kerr and her love for Rosehip Oil? Well look no further for your very own beauty in a bottle. A treatment product this rosehip oil based serum states it is 'abundant with antioxidants, anti inflammatory properties defending skin from future damage'. I like to use this once a week after my pamper evening of two face masks to give my skin a boost of goodness. I'll usually mix it into my moisturiser at night and despite being an oil, it sits beautifully on the skin and doesn't feel at all heavy.

Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation Creme - Now I'm not one to mix up my moisturiser due to my oily skin, it can often react quite badly or they just feel far too rich on the skin. I usually go for an oil free, gel cream as they are so nice to apply and a little goes a long way. This has to be my favourite product in the whole kit and I'm so, so happy I got to try it as I never would have picked it out myself. So it's exactly what it says it is, sheer, such a beautiful, light weight creme that spreads over the skin and makes it feel nourished, fresh and revitalised. It sinks in so quickly and where I would usually skip moisturiser if I'm in a rush, to my own detriment, I actually look forward to using this and wouldn't miss this step in the morning. Seriously if you're oily, you neeeeeed this as your day moisturiser, I actually can't get over how much I love this cream!

Ole Henriksen Lemon Strip Flash Peel - Essentially a fruit enzyme mask, think the Ren Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask but a lot less 'jammy' feeling. This goes on more like a film and sets to a tacky, fine texture, so not unpleasant to put on or hang out in for about 10 minutes. Fruit enzyme masks are great for giving your skin an extra boost in radiance, plumness and resurfacing. This one stings me a touch more than the Ren one but I quite like that! It doesn't irritate my skin at all and is a great addition to my sunday night pamper ritual. A must for congested skin prone to the odd breakout or two and especially good for uneven skin tone, texture and scarring.

So all in all I cannot recommend this kit enough. You'll only find it on Look Fantastic as it's exclusive to them and currently it's at the amazing price of £39 instead of £80! All Ole Henriksen products are also on 3 for 2 so if you've had your eye on anything now is the time to do it!



Labels: ,