My thoughts | L'Oreal Color Riche L'Extraordinaire Liquid Lipsticks

L'Oreal Color Riche L'Extarodinaire Liquid Lipsticks in 301 & 204

L'Oreal Liquid Lipstick in 301 Rouge Soprano

L'Oreal Liqud Lipstick in 204 Tangerine Sonate

The newest buzz in beauty has to be Liquid Lipsticks. From the original Hourglass Liquid Lipstick to the more recent Dior Fluid Sticks, the highstreet has now caught up with recent offerings from L'Oreal and Bourjois.

I have yet to try the latter and really want to as they are my faaaaav formula - matte! But on a recent trip to Boots in my quest to collect more 'drugstore' makeup options for my most recent youtube vid (I severely lack in any kind of drugstore product as I tend to be a wee bit of a makeup snob) these caught my eye.

The first one I got was 301 Rouge Soprano as the colour fit perfectly for the look I was trying to create. I fell in love with the formula so much I scooted back two days later and nabbed 204 Tangerine Sonate. First thing I'd say, don't bother with the nudes, they're no different to a regular lipgloss or stick of your choice. Defo go for the brights though. I love the idea of liquid lipsticks as they dry down to more of a stain and are a real no hassle, no smudge option when you're going somewhere and don't want to be haunted by the half hourly, touch up/is it on my teeth/has it smeared/have I eaten half of it scenario. The formula of these are super glossy and this doesn't fade or bleed. They are also really comfortable to wear, feel pretty moisturising for a gloss and last really well. Due to the sheerer, gloss type formula, which can be ramped up to a more intense finish by adding a lip liner underneath, I think they are a great way to dip your toe in the bold lip pool if you're not usually too comfortable doing this.

All in all a definite thumbs up from me!

Have you tried the L'Oreal Liquid Lipsticks, or any others for that matter?


Labels: ,