Where have I been?...Adventures between tea drinking


On our way | Stopping in Stockbridge | We've Arrived | The Old Cowshed | Kitchen | Lounge | Curry | Cricket St Thomas | Sunday Roast | Beach Huts | Halloween at Lyme Regis | Antiques in Honiton | Earl Grey | Weymouth | New Ring | OOTD on Chesil Beach | Apple Spice Chai | The Lavender Rooms | Hydrangeas | More Tea | Dorothy's Tea Room | Hinton St George | Last lie in! | Last Breakfast 




Hello my darlings!

I know it's been an absolute age, but what can I say, as much as we all hate it, sometimes life just get in the way doesn't it? 

Saying that however, the main reason for my absence specifically during the last week was my much needed countryside retreat. Most years me, my mum and sister venture down to the beautiful South West (home of Mummy Mary) for family catch ups, lots of tea and cake and some serious R & R. I feel there's a lot to be said for a trip to the country, it really can sure all manner of ills both physically and mentally and if you have yet to make a habit of this, I urge you to get yourself a cottage booked down Somerset way for next summer!

We stayed in the most beautiful converted cowshed and as you can see from above we packed in quite a lot (in between tea breaks!) On the agenda was a road trip to Weymouth with stops at Burton Bradstock and Chesil Beach, Fish 'n' Chips at our favourite childhood picnic spot, Lyme Regis, antique shopping in Honiton (more on that to come), food shopping and lunch with grandad in The Barley Mow Farm Shop (the tomato's tasted incredible, not like ghastly city veg!) Primark hauling in Taunton as well as lunch at the most adorable 'brighton' inspired cafe named Roots, I HIGHLY recommend a visit if you're ever in Taunton, the Apple Spice Chai is to DIE and visiting the most idealistic village called Hinton St George for cheese scones in the charmingly inviting Dorothy's Tea Room. 

Other activities included making the most of having a sofa and TV, a rare luxury when living in London in a flat with no lounge waaaaah, watching Strictly It Takes Two followed by The Great British Food Revival, indulging in a Lush bath, weekday lie ins and listening to Radio 2 whilst eating a few failed attempts at a boiled egg ( I did finally master it by the last day).

All in all I had an absolutely ideal week away and I am really missing it. There's a real country girl inside me that yearns for the simplicities of a life in the countryside and coming back to London is always a massive downer, however, there's plenty more where that came from!

So I can assure you my hiatus is well and truly over and I will be back with regularly scheduled posting in the coming weeks so do look out for them!

Until the next post!

Love, love, love,





Labels: ,