Girl Crush: Jessie Ware

Where have I been?!

I know I have been MIA from blogging but I'm back! I've just been really busy and you know, sometimes life gets in the way.


So, as it's a new season I wanted to do a quick homage to my new found girl crush: Jessie Ware. I cannot get enough of this girl, her style, makeup, hair, everything about her is so on point for me. She's achingly 'current' but not in a overly thought out Little Mix kind of way, this style is hers and she rocks it like every self respecting East London dwelling hipster gaaal does.

I'm sure from the pics it's pretty obvious to see why I love her so much...






Brows, liner, lips, BOOM! And not to mention the donut, gold and black roll necks. When I look at Jessie I feel like my younger self, looking up at girls like Rayanne Graff or Erin in Year 11 and thinking, I hope I'm that cool when I grow up. She's everything I want my adult self to come across as, effortlessly chic, pretty cool but really understated...not much to ask ey!

I do plan to do a Jessie inspired makeup tutorial over on the old youtube channel but until then, here's my picks and tips for how to get Jessie's look.


The base...MUST be matte so I'd choose my trusty Clinique Stay Matte makeup. Jessie stays away from blush and loves a heavy contour and subtle highlight. The Sleek Contour Kit in Medium is the perfect shade for my skin tone. Buff this into the backs of the cheeks with the Real Techniques blush brush and you'll have a contour to die for. You could then use the included highlighter but I'd go for a sweep of the new Dior Nude Skin Highlighter as it's subtle enough for day, but adds the perfect sheen without creating that disco ball look.


Jessie doesn't always wear shadow on the eyes it's usually a winged eyeliner like the Maybelline Gel Liner and lots and lot of mascara. I am in love with the new Origins Ginzing Mascara, mostly because the brush is absolutely massive. But clump it does not, it dispenses just enough product and really opens up the lashes giving you the option to pass on the falsies if you fancy. I've also included the old faithful Naked Palette. This is because, to replicate the occasions Jessie does choose to wear shadow, I'd opt for my 3 favourites, Buck, Naked and Virgin.


And to finish off: the lips. Jessie loves red so I'd go for this MAC Cremesheen in Brave Red. It's the perfect siren shade and as it's a cremesheen formula so isn't too drying. I would definitely pair this with a lip liner, either MAC Brick or Vino. Vino is slightly darker so helps give a great ombre/rich berry effect but Brick works just as well to give a more 'natural' finish.

So there we have it, the coveted looks of Jessie Ware can now be all yours!

Who's your current girl crush?

Until the next post,

Love, love, love



Labels: , , , , ,