New Love: Diorskin nude shimmer compact



Diorskin Nude Shimmer 001 £37



Being an oily girl, you may think highlighters would be something I stray away from...quite the opposite. I actually have an unhealthy obsession with them. I think it's due to the fact I do prefer an all over matte finish but crave the dimension a sheer sweep of shimmer can add.

You may remember I blogged a few weeks ago about my most recent rendezvous with the coveted Dior Amber Diamond. So, in all honesty, did I really need another Dior highlighter? Well yes actually, I did. I cannot get enough of Dior makeup, the packaging, the smell (mostly the lipsticks), the compacts, I just love the retro-chic they ooze. Dior have just launched a beautiful new Nude collection, exclusively in Selfridges. As the title suggests, it's a collection of perfect nude tones to compliment any complexion. And the hero product for me? This highlighter. What attracted me to it was the fact that on first look, it seems quite white, a shade I usually divert away from, but upon the first swatch the warm peach tones really shine through. It's the kind of shade I think is perfect for this time of year and going into winter, coyly neutral but adds a room stealing pop to any complexion whilst complimenting an array of blush tones from pink to tan.

It applies beautifully, very similar to the Nars highlighters, really finely milled and just adds a wash of shimmer, a bit like water catching the moonlight (how very poetic!) My only gripe, the price (of course!) and the fact it comes with this weird sponge applicator thing, a space I wish they'd filled with more product but hey ho, you can't have it all!

What do you think of the Dior nude collection?

Until the next post,

Love, love, love,



Labels: ,