Flawless Complexion: JK Jemma Kidd Mannequin Skin Complexion Enhancer




JK Jemma Kidd Mannequin Skin Complexion Enhancer £4.95

I've heard A LOT about Jemma Kidd makeup recently, as we all have. This is mostly down to my personal go to beauty gaaaal Viviannadoesmakeup and her undying love for the Light as Air Foundation.

Needless to say, upon her glowing recommendation I was keen to dabble in some Jemma Kidd, but being that the foundation is priced at a whopping £25 I couldn't quite justify stretching to that for the sake of curiosity. So when I came across the JK Jemma Kidd Mannequin Skin on cheapsmells for a mere £4.95 rather than £13 including p&p I couldn't resist! I haven't heard much about any of the other products in the Jemma Kidd range although more and more reviews are coming out surrounding the blushers and dewy glow highlighter, as a highlighter addict I'm keen to add this to the collection!

What it says on the box
'Wake-up make-up. Illuminating and perfecting base and primer. Multi-reflecting pearl brightens skin for a supermodel complexion. Ultra light and highly blendable with antioxidant and anti-aging Vitamin E. Can be used on bare skin or under foundation.'

So as the description suggests this is a complexion enhancing product. I'd liken it to MAC Strobe Cream and a lighter version of the Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation as it's a lightweight cream product with a pearlescent sheen to it. It can be worn alone to give you a natural glow or underneath makeup to add depth to your foundation. I plan to wear this on holiday when my skin is a mask of tanned, glowing perfection but for now I love it underneath my Estee Lauder Double Wear to add a little depth or with my bareMinerals mineral foundation on lazy days as, despite getting oily, I do still crave a natural sheen and as these two foundations give such a matte finish, this is perfect as a base. I also find my mineral powder settles into scarring and 'crators' in my skin, not that I'm a massive crater face (I hadn't even noticed any before using mineral powder) but I find using this as a primer plumps out my skin so the powder just lays on top rather than nestling inside! 

I use a little and press it into the skin rather than rub as I find with some 'primery' products or serums they can flake off if you rub then too much...stand up Estee Lauder Idealist and Clarins Beauty Flash Balm.

What do you think of Jemma Kidd makeup? Any recommendations?

Until the next post.

Love, love, love,
 



Labels: , ,