Bathroom Beautician...

I finally did it. I took the plunge and went blonde!

Well, I say blonde, it's more ombre as it's just the ends. I have been growing out my hair for aaaaaaages and have been wanting to bleach it for so long. But due to the shortness and amount of colour I had on it from being red, ombre was not an option for a long time. But now my hair is longer and colour has faded, so this weekend I decided to take the plunge and bleach it myself.

Now I was pretty daunted by this as I'm not too familiar with bleach and all I could imagine was it going a mixture of ginger and brassy yellow before snapping off and I'm back to square one.

Luckily this was not the case and I'm so so happy with how it's turned out!

So I thought I do a little blog about how I did it for those of you that fancy a little dip in the bleach box because honestly if I can do it, anyone can.

The bleach of choice...

Jerome Russell BBlonde Hair Lightener for Medium to Dark Brown hair £5.61

Now from the box I was pretty worried but, upon researching home ombre-ing this seemed to be the most commonly used bleach, so, I just went for it. I was a little bit worried as I had really old colour on my ends from when I was red but according to the box it would only be a problem if I'd dyed it black or dark brown soooooo...fab.

This was my hair before...


I mixed up the bleach following the instructions, clipped a towel and bin bag around my neck and started applying. I parted my hair down the middle and literally rubbed the bleach into the ends, with plastic gloves on of course. As I got towards where I wanted it to stop I tried to 'smudge' it in so it would look a little bit more faded rather than a definite line.

During bleaching (yes that is Joey Tribiani's dad on the tele...and what?)

The box said to leave it on between 20-60 minutes depending on the desired effect, as this was a first attempt I was concerned about my hair breaking so I kept watch for it going lighter and only left it on for 20 minutes.  I then washed it off and...


Ta daaaaaaaaa...

I was so pleased as it turned out exactly how I wanted and no noticeable damage which is faaaaaab. Like I say this was a first attempt and more of an experiment really to see what happened. I will probably bleach it again next week as I really want to take it a bit more towards the roots in a Marina and the Diamonds big dark roots and light length type styleeeee.


Look at me pleased as punch!! If you have any desire to do this I really do say go for it, if you've not got much colour on your hair there's no reason why it won't work and from doing this I am no longer scared of bleach and feel really confident and well excited about doing again! Not to mention how relieved I am not to have had to spend salon prices on a little bit of bleach.

So tell me what you think, I'd love to know!!! 

What do you think of beached hair? Have you done it?

Until the next post,

Love, love, love,



Labels: , , , , ,